The Pennsylvania Allergy and Asthma Association (PAAA) is a group of allergists/immunologists committed to the care of people with allergic and immunologic diseases. This website contains tools and resources for joining the Association, attending the Annual Meeting, and accessing educational and research opportunities. We are here to serve our members!
A Message from PAAA President Sigrid DaVeiga, MD
What a year it’s been! The unparalleled challenges of COVID-19 have tested our association and our members, taken our research and practices to the next level, and shown us how to respond with strength and resilience despite seemingly endless hurdles. Through it all, PAAA has continued to focus on how we can best support our members during these unprecedented times and beyond. Here’s how we do it:
Sigrid DaVeiga, MD
- Preparing Future Allergists – PAAA, in conjunction with our Pennsylvania Allergy Education Research Fund (PAERF) Committee, provides several initiatives to foster the legacy of this organization and to help lead future allergists to successful careers in our field. Some of these include:
- Mentoring Program that partners fellows in training with current practicing allergists.
- Travel reimbursements to each Allergy/Immunology Fellowship program in Pennsylvania, underwriting one or more fellows to attend the annual scientific meeting. The nominated fellow(s) is expected to participate in the poster competition, an invaluable opportunity to present their work in a scientific forum.
- Grant funding to support educational and research endeavors related to the field of allergy and immunology.
- As the outlook on the pandemic becomes more optimistic, the PAAA looks forward to a time of emergence and growth. I hope this year provides an opportunity to return safely to many of our beloved traditions of community and collaboration, in-person, while using our new perspectives and tools to evolve into a new era where virtual options are available to members with ease. I look forward to seeing you at the 2022 PAAA meeting!
Sigrid DaVeiga, MD
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Special Committee
PAAA has created a special committee to advance diversity, inclusion and equity in our organization and profession. Click here to learn more.
Virtual Education Programs
PAAA will be hosting monthly virtual programs throughout the year. Please click here to learn more about the upcoming virtual education programs.